I am someone with big dreams; a vision for my life that is sometimes so far removed from ordinary levels of living, thinking and feeling that it makes me giggle to myself. In that vision for myself I am free and my heart feels so full that it may actually explode. The wind is in my hair, my mind is clear, I am on purpose and I feel that I may just fly. I have felt it; when everything makes perfect sense and I see no obstacles only opportunities. In those moments I am happy, my heart is full and I am a warrior.
I don’t yet know how to hold onto that feeling as I clean the shower screen, break up a fight between my children, mop up dog prints on the floor or do the grocery shopping. I do, however, believe it exists and that it is accessible to all of us. In my life my dreams evolve in the day and I am always learning something new. My vision shifts and changes as I do. I believe now that this is okay and that as I live closer to my truth so my life evolves to match it.
Now let’s be clear, there are many times that I doubt myself. There are times when I believe I am not good enough and that I am ‘just a dreamer.’ There are days when I feel like I will never make my crazy dreams a reality in this lifetime. So aside from the fact that I am extremely stubborn there are a few things that are the mantra of the warrior within me;
- My life is my RESPONSIBILITY. I breathe in deeply, lift my head to the sky and CLAIM IT.
- As I experience the natural ups and downs of life I aim be CREATIVE NOT CRITICAL.
- I try to be HONEST and VULNERABLE enough to see the truth and to know myself deeply.
- I aim to LET GO of the things that hold me back.
- I aim to have the COURAGE to CRACK MYSELF OPEN as often as I can and to see when others do it for me.
- I aim to be RECKLESS AND COURAGEOUS as I follow my heart and bring my dreams into reality.
The truth is I don’t know where I will end up but what I do know is that living this life; this way is a WHOLE LOT OF FUN.